In an entirely new subcategory sector of the IoT, Pixie Technology announces the commercial availability of its Location of Things (LoT), Pixie Point. This tracking device is the first to make use of Augmented Reality Navigation, Signaling Technology, and Location Engine.
With Pixie Points and our LoT platforms, we take the guesswork out of tracking an objectby showing people where an item is hiding through walls and down to inches. We will soon be in a world where everything around us can be given a digital identity, and Pixie looks forward to delivering a future where lost and misplaced items area thing of the past
Pixie Location Tracker Specs
- Size: 47mm x 35mm x 3.4mm
- Range: Up to 150 feet outdoors. Typical indoor performance 30-50 feet
- Three radio protocols including: Bluetooth Low Energy allowing base Pixie Points to communicate with smart devices, Proprietary Pixie signaling protocols that allow each Pixie Point to communicate with any other using the 2.4GHs ISM frequency band, Distance sensors utilizing UWB PHY in the 4GHz range, implementing two-way Time of Flight (ToF) measurement for high accuracy indoor ranging
- Distance measurement accuracy: Within 1 foot
- Lifetime: non-replaceable battery provides over 12 months in typical usage
- Water and dust resistant to IP67 standards
- Device support: Connects to dedicated Pixie App, an Intuitive, multi-media user interface. It runs on IOS 9 and up and supports iPhone 7 & 7+ , iPhone 6s & 6s+, SE & 5S
- Unique augmented reality interface that features Pixie Dust that magically swarms to show where an item is in the room. It is like Pokémon Go for your keys!
- Map It (A digital map is created of your surroundings, pinpointing your valuable in relation to you)
- Show It (Using Augmented Reality and Pixie Dust to locate an item)
- Grab It (With visual and audio cues, you’ll be guided within 5Ft of what you’re looking for)
The technology works well for locating your lost objects and brings a fun-factor to the entire experience. Pixie Technology spent three years in developing this entirely new technology architecture, which also includes 10 patents.
Whether you’ve lost your items behind the couch, in the couch or outside, Pixie delivers a reliable solution for keeping track of your things. To get more information, simply head over to the website.