Home Lifestyle Science How Horrible Is This? Dad’s Legs Amputated From A Spider Bite

How Horrible Is This? Dad’s Legs Amputated From A Spider Bite

White Tail Spider

During a visit with his sister last month, Terry Pareja,65 never thought his life would change forever after a bite from a White-tailed Spider. In fact, this spider bite is the cause of his amputation.

The White-tailed spider which is found in Southern and Eastern Australia is a wondering arachnid, which puts venom into its prey.

The victim then dies internally due to necrosis, eating away through cell and tissue.

Unfortunately for Terry who was visiting from the Philippines, this was the case for him while he was in his sister’s garden.

The spider bit him on his right leg which he wasn’t aware of first, and then within a few hours is when the horrific nightmare for Terry began.

The swelling started to set in, and just two days later doctors had to amputate his leg.

But it didn’t stop there because the poison in his body continued to spread leaving doctors no other option but to amputate his second leg.

White Tailed Spider

And the news gets even worse, as reports are saying Terry still vomits blood daily because his kidneys are failing, which might lead to doctors amputating both his arms.

An absolute horrible situation to be in for both Terry and his family.

A simple family visit turns potentially deadly because of a spider.

Australia is one of those places in the world where the wildlife seems only to be there to make sure you die a horrible debilitating death:

  • Venomous snakes
  • Poisonous spiders
  • Sharks
  • Crocodiles
  • Jelly Fish
  • Bull ant
  • Giant centipede

The list is far longer than the few species of dangerous animals mentioned above.

My heart goes out to the┬áPareja family in what is probably one of the darkest times in their lives. I am hoping that doctors don’t have to amputate both of his arms.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This